Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towbar

Hi all

Could anybody please explain or show me where to fit a tow ball onto my roadster please.

Also thanks to the people who replied to my earlier post. I wish to fit the tyre onto the boot and after looking at the pictures the boot is recessed for the spare tyre. Has anybody done it on a regular boot before or does it stress the fibreglass to much.

Thanks Tom

Re: Towbar

Hi Tom, the Marlin towball was welded to the rear bumper as a factory option
    Attached Files

Comment

Tom
      I had a bolt through one on my roadster with suitably made spacer to match curvature of rear 'bumper'. Towed my sailing dinghy with no problems.

Comment

Tom, regards fitting spare wheel carrier to unreccesed boot, I got some galvanised flat bar 30mmx6mm bent it to curve of boot,bolted one end through bumper other end wasdrilled and 2 short pieces of tubing from a caravan awning bolted on then put 2 of the rubber cups off an awning on bottom to protect bootlid, 2cross pieces bolted on to match centres of stud holes on spare,drilled and 2 bolts put through to locate wheel,we have used ours now for 18 months and no problems hope this helps

Comment

cheers for that everybody. didnt relise it was so easy to do the towbar. Thanks for the info on the spare wheel, luckily my girlfriends dad owns a metal fabricators so should be able to knock something up similar to what was mentioned

Comment

Working...
          X