Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering column bush plate

Sorry to be a pain - but another Q...
    I have a sierra column bush whch consists of an outer rubber part and two plastic inners (one is triangular in section). Should this have some sort of bracket/ plate to attach it to the bulkhead? Does anyone have a picture of it?
    many thanks.

Re: steering column bush plate

Cameron
    The rubber part is a direct fit into the bulkhead, this should have an inner nylon part which carries the shaft. There should also be a metal 'washer' which has triangular cut out that fits flush against the rubber bush/nylon inner on the inside of bulkhead, and a metal 'cup' which snaps over the rubber bush on the engine side of bulkhead. Hope that makes sense, if not I'll try and get some pictures to you.

Comment

that makes perfect sense Alan, thanks. I am missing the cup. Is it a YKC part or Sierra?
      PS I must owe you a gallon of beer by now Alan!!!

Comment

Sierra part Cameron.I'll hold you to that beer !

Comment

Should have mentioned that it's usually part of lower column bush kit - don't know if you can get as separate.

Comment

Hi Alan, I have a brand new bush kit butit only contains the rubber piece and the inner plastic bits, a photo would be really useful.
            PS which is the best V8 manifold to go for - ive got all sorts kicking around but none want to allow the steering column to go past!
            Cheers

Comment

Cameron
              Here are a few ideas on manifolds:
              www.mgbhive.co.uk/v8 parts - apparantly they supply tubular exhaust for mgb that are converted to take V8 and because of limited space available are known as 'block huggers'
              Also on web was a guy that had installed V8 to Ford Sierra using initially Rover P6 manifolds then later swapping to Triumph TR8
              and finally the folowing websites may be of interest; V8 tuner.co.uk and www.V8 engines
              Hope that the above is in some way of interest and possibly help in your quest!

Comment

Working...
              X