Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stunning 5exi

Message originally posted by: Matt Couch
    I would like to hear from anyone who has, or is currently building a 5exi. I am looking to finance and start my build within a few months and would like some feedback. Also anyone with a 5exi kit who no longer has the time to finish it.

Re: The stunning 5exi

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (Editor, MOC)
    Hi Matt, I'm just responding to your message to say WELL DONE for being the first user of the MOC forum. I entered the first four entries after permission from the authors as they were in the last magazine and I needed something to start the forum off with. So, congratulations, you are first official visitor! That deserves a mention in the next mag. I will nudge the 5Exi builders that I know of to contact you through this forum. The 5Exi is a relatively young kit so it's not likely anyone has got fed up with their build yet but I'm sure there will be others who would like to discuss their build with you.

Good luck!

Comment

Message originally posted by: matt couch
      Thanks. The forum is just what the site needs.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Daniel McEwan
        Hi ya Matt and all other Marlin enthusiasts. I attended my first kit car show today at Stoneleigh and was very impressed with the Marlin 5exi-R as well as the older models. I am wondering if you have acted on your previous post and baught a '5exi'? Also as a complete beginner to this wonderful world i request any information from any Marlin or other owner who knows how difficult or easy the '5exi' build would be for a first build? The web site is great and gives plenty of supporting evidence for it being an easy build but as i found out today from some owners of various other kitcars it sometimes isnt! Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Regards, Daniel

Comment

Hi everybody.

I'm building a 5EXI-R. Going well at the moment. Engine in and on it's wheels.

I've setup a web site on progress. www.johnil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/5exi. I will keep the site updated as regular as possible.

Comment

I'm a newbie when it come to car building. Only experience in basic car maintenance before this. Though no welding involved, there is a lot I needed advise for and I have a friend who's a mechanic. But this added complexity is due to me going for a more complex model (Turbo version). I'll give you an example of help. Fitting a 200KG engine and gearbox for you first time on your own is heart attack material!!

Comment

Working...
            X