Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Jones' Cabrio babble article June July PITSTOP

Hi All

For some reason I didn't get Derek's PITSTOP article for the latest mag so here it is:

Hi Marliners
    Hope you all had a good Stoneleigh.
    Congratulations to Lee and commiserations to Bob.
    I see someone is tempted to put a diesel in a Marlin. I have pondered this for some time. My favourite would be one of the latest BMW’s. They are very quiet and powerful as well as frugal.
    We took the Megane to Uist and it recorded 67mpg on the journey up there and recording just under 62mpg.for the 1300 mile trip. I think it would make a roadster very interesting, it is 1496cc and 106bhp. It also has a 6 speed gearbox but the engine is East –West. Still I guess if you can fit a bike engine to a Wes----ld then you could fit a diesel to a Marlin.
    FMB has been ignored again, the boot is still unfinished, I will try to do better but I have various distractions at the moment. I suspect it will be later this year before I make the new boot lid from a mould.
    Our Welsh trip is approaching rapidly.
    I think we will meet at the Llangollen Motor Museum on the Saturday, have a picnic, assuming the weather is OK, and then we will have a bit of a drive. We will finish at Crossing Cottage and repair to the local pub for a bite.
    Sunday may well be a morning drive to a pub for lunch. With some of you having long journeys and work on Monday I will probably leave Sunday pm unplanned. Although I will drive back home a different route for those wanting more!
    Let me know if you want to eat at the pub on Saturday night.
    Cheers
    DJ
Working...
X