Cable clutch conversion for Type 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable clutch conversion for Type 9

I need to convert from hydraulic to cable for my new Type 9 'box - anyone know the easiest way to to do this?

Complete new pedal box or a suitable pedal that will go on the Marina spindle? Or perhaps retain the hydraulic pedal and use 'pull type' slave cylinder?

I did see some mention of fitting a Maestro pedal, but I can't find one of these in the usual places.

I don't want to full hydraulic conversion on the Type 9 as it's expensive and apparently not very reliable with Zetec combination.

Cheers

Re: Cable clutch conversion for Type 9

Chris
    I'm sure that there are numerous ways of doing this but one method is to use the pedal assy from a Sierra on to the marina pedal box . Bob Jackson [Penrith]converted his to take Pinto engine and 5 speed so he can probably offer a solution as no doubt can Lee Hunter.

Comment

Chris,

I have left a message on your mob phone to contact me for details.
      You will need the extra long clutch cable as the one on ebay no 260255574052 to allow giving better clearance from the exhaust manifold.I weled a clevis (yoke) to the drivers side of the clutch peddle allowing the clevis hole approx 1" above the top of the peddle , then drill a hole inline with the top of clevis in the bulkhead for the cable to go through. you will need to make a bush/tube to stop the outer cable to fall through the hole. the bush length is approx 2" long plus a cup type fitting to go over the outer cable end to support it. Lee had the bush assy made for me, as he might have a spare ???.

Hope this helps..........Bob

Comment

Thanks all, just got your message Bob (been on holiday), I think we're going to go with welding something to the existing pedal.

Comment

Working...
        X