Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax exempt status

Message originally posted by: Bryan Newell
    Just prior to SVA I contacted DVLA about correctly registering my Marlin as it was down as a "Triumph roadster" as it is built from a 1600 Vitesse.
    It turned out to be no problem and I got to keep my Tax exempt status under the points system as all the major bits were from the donor.
    I am now rebuilding with mk2 2ltr and am wondering when I notify DVLC about the change of motor whether it might change the tax status?
    I rather like the idea of not having to pay the blighters 160 quid every year!!.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated
    Regards
    Bryan

Re: Tax exempt status

Hi Bryan,

I've always just opted not to rock the boat as far as the "trimph sports" registration of my G-reg Trimph-based Marlin. The MOT guy I go to each year doesn't raise a fuss, so I'm not too worried.

I know that the V5 does explicitly state the engine capacity, etc, so if you changed your setup, you'd have knowingly mis-represented the car and I don't know what ramifications this could or would have.

Sorry I haven't much definitave input for you about your upcoming changes and the DVLA, but let us know how it goes... Good luck with the rebuild - sounds exciting.

Regards,
    Ty Miller

Comment

Re: Tax exempt status

Message originally posted by: Ben Caswell
      Read my aricle in this months mag Page 4.

Comment

Working...
      X