Roadster Inertia Reel Seatbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster Inertia Reel Seatbelts

My SWB Roadster Chassis 2691M 1984 has fixed seatbelts.
    I want to fix inertia reel belts as fixed belts make changing drivers laborious as two belts need adjustment each time.
    I have two slightly different drawings of a shoulder post that raises the height of the seat belt mount to the cockpit rim for later chassis numbers.
    This will also help the few old roadsters still in build that need SVA approval.
    Has anyone got a dimensioned drawing or even the real thing that I can copy from?
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Re: Roadster Inertia Reel Seatbelts

If there is a drawing kicking around, I would be grateful if you could copy it to me also. A rough sketch would be good enough. I can then make a drawing and make it available. Brod

Comment

Brod. If you contact me on 0120875977 we can meet up . I sent one of the drgs. to Steve and have the origional build manual design. Hugh in Bodmin.

Comment

Is this image any help?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Cameron. Photo is useful. Thank you. Hugh. I regularly get to Bodmin Magistrates' Court when representing clients. Will call you at some point. Thank you for your kind offer. Brod. Porthleven

Comment

Ought to have said thanks to Hugh for sending me one of the build manual drawings. Now Cameron has added a third option that requires much welding on my old Roadster.
            Brod, if you come up with anything please let me know.
            I am trying to get the 13 Sussex Marlin owners together, in 11 years I have only met one. That may give me a real look at another old roadster.
            Thanks guys so far but keep me in the loop.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

If this dosnt work I will email it to Sue to put on
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Sue seems to be busy.
                You can contact me at stevejgreen at btopenworld.com
                MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Hi Guys

Sorry I missed this until now. Work has kept my head down rather more than I'm comfortable with but I think I'm out of the trees now.

Ben, your image was a powerpoint and they can't be loaded. It needs to be a jpeg. Is this sorted now??

Comment

Hi Sue, Yes dont worry I emailed it to Steve.See you next weekend BB
                    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

My Roadster already has inertia belts, so no need to chassis mods, but can anyone advise on the best replacements ? The build manual mentions Britax AC3001, but I think Britax don't do belts anymore ( now IMMI ? and no car belts listed ) - I am guessing securon are the ones to buy - possibly 500/15 model - anyone fitted these ?

Comment

Securon were originally fitted to my Roadster so no brainer to start there.
                        Securon 500/15 was my choice. Not ordered yet but CBS were the cheapest from my research, but no choice of pretty colours.
                        http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/standard-retractable-short-stalk-150mm---sec5s-812-p.asp

I have been looking at mounting methods whilst it has been raining. I think it will be a winter job with both seats out while I get strengthening plates etc. fabricated.
                        MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Am currently working on the lower mounts for my seatbelts. (YKC ROmero) inertia reel and top mount ok (as in pic above) but where should I mount the lower bracket? Can I attache it to the side of the chassis in the rear corner? I was going to mount the other bit (the stalk)on the seat - put a piece of angle or box across the chassis to ount the seat runners on first though. Any thoughts?
                          Cheers

Comment

piccy of rear of passenger compartment
                            Attached Files

Comment

Is the arrow in your picture the spot that you intend to put the outer fixing? If so its pretty much the same as the Roadster.

On my car the inner stalk is bolted through a corner reinforcing plate as in the picture, taken from the underside. Personally I think that its a little weak but there are no other practical options apart from a larger corner bracket.
                              I would be reluctant to follow your thought of fitting the stalk to the seat and then relying on more fixings, I would prefer securing it directly to the nearest chassis member or a tub strengthening plate.
                              Attached Files
                              MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
                              X