PET HATE CORNER AUG/SEPT 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PET HATE CORNER AUG/SEPT 08

CARS ON THE SLIP ROAD SHOULD HAVE RIGHT OF WAY AND CARS ON THE SLOW LANE SHOULD AJUST OR GET INTO THE SECOND LANE ITS CALLED TRAFIC FLOW

Re: PET HATE CORNER AUG/SEPT 08

Hi Andrew,
    As I drive LGV ( HGV ) for a living I have to say I totally disagree. The only thing that dose is send slow moving traffic in to the path of faster moving traffic, thus forcing people to brake, swerve, skid I've seen it all and bought the tee shirt. It also stops you talking on the phone, spills your coffee, and you drop your fag. It also sends your heart in to over drive.
    Terry

Comment

I think what shouting Andrew means is that it is HIS traffic flow he wants to maintain, not the other people already cruising on the motorway. The highway code is clear on this. Joining traffic must give way to traffic on the carriageway/motorway. It is so easy to adjust ones joining speed early to neatly slot into a space - yes Andrew, you might have to slow down to adjust LHM!
      If the inner lane traffic needed to keep braking to give joining traffic priority the "concertina effect upstream would cause the nasty stop/start jams so common nowadays.
      I wonder if someone forced their way in from a slip road directly in front of him, would he then complain that motorway/main road traffic should have right of way? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

PS.
        Show me where in the highway code does it mention "Slow Lane" on a motorway? All traffic should stick to the LH lane when it can. The others are overtaking lanes (or in the 65mph mondeo man, cruising/phoning lane).

Comment

Like Terry (from Kendal) I too am A HGV driver, having driven articulated vehicles in this country and mostly abroad, ther is one rule you should remember: Id there is a broken white line across your direction of travel, then you do not priority.
          I suggest,Andrew, that you ignore this rule the next time you approach a roundabout,and drive straight over that broken white line, No?
          Next time you use a motorway have a look for the Give Way signs on the nearside lane! Take care everyone.
          Phil

Comment

My apologies for the spelling mistakes, but some people do get my back up.

Comment

Highway Code Rule 233 Joining the motorway
              Highway Code Rule 238 Lane discipline.

Available in all good book shops and Halfords
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

People who stop and wait at the bottom of the slip road........GRRRRRRRRR!!! Accelerate you asshat!

Comment

Ooer, what have I started? Maybe I should ditch pet hate corner.

Comment

All PHC does is allow GOGs, such as myself to rant.
                    How about a daft mistake blind alley? We can all have a laugh and maybe learn something!

(GOG - grumpy old git)

Comment

What a ridculous suggestion! If you find joining a motorway tricky then you probably shouldn't be using it at all.

Comment

For practice I can recomend the M25 clockwise J3 to J6 at 8 in the morning you can then blend at walking pace.

Comment

another pet hate is drivers who get upset when you drive right up to the end of a closed lane (ie use all the road).They wont let you in on a one to one basis OH NO they glue themselves to the bumper of the car in front.Or worse still try to occupy both lanes half a mile back from the restriction.Numpties.

Comment

Ben.
                            I get very p...ed off when 3 lanes go to 2 and PRICK drivers leave it to late to move over to to lane 2 as this causes the tail backs and hold ups, as help if the 3rd lane drivers should start and move over sooner to keep the traffic flowing and thats why lane 2 drivers do not allow PRICK late lane 3 drivers to pull over in to lane 2.Which catergory do you fall in ??.

Comment

There are times when you are both in the right. If traffic is moving along the restriction, albeit slowly, then Ben's idea works OK if everyone uses the Stateside sytem of "Zip in turn". If traffic is not flowing in the restriction, and drivers who use the windscreen and look well ahead have moved in to the correct lane, twonks who race past and expect to jump the stationary queue desrve to wait. In just about all traffic situations, looking well ahead and maiking a sensible plan eases flow and will prevent an incident. (There are few if no, genuine, out of the blue, "accidents". On the A30, just outside my home, I see many "deliberates" where someone, in charge of a vehicle, has made an unreasoned decision to make a dangerous move and then crashes. Happens all the time here!).

Comment

Working...
                              X