• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PET HATE CORNER AUG/SEPT 08

Put the thread down, and back away slowly before someone gets hurt. :-D

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm there are a few comments from 'lorry drivers on here that talk about slowing down traffic !!! maybe they are not the 'lorry drivers' that pull out into the outside lane of a daul carrigeway when cars are overtaking them with no or little signal then procceed to overtake a fellow 'lorry driver' at one mile per hour faster. taking about two miles to decide to pull back in behind the other lorry when a gentle slop slows them down.......... I enjoyed that moan thanks

Comment

How late is too late to move out of the closed lane? 50yds, 100yds, 600yds, 1 mile? Probably the actual figure is so long as no-one goes past after the aggrieved has pulled in is okay!

It is simple physics, less tarmac for same number of cars = more congestion. So if you are not using all the available road, then the congestion is even worse. QED.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm Lorry drivers, I'm not going to stick up for every lorry driver the same as no one would stick up for every car driver. But there time is logged on a tachograph and every minute counts in there day, and it can make all the difference between getting your bread into the shops or getting home. As far as overtaking another lorry there speed is limited to 56 mph on motorways 50 mph on dual carriageways and 40 mph on A roads. All this is because of EU law. You may say I've seen lorry's going faster than 56 mph but is your speedo calibrated because there's is.Also did you know that the speed limit for a LGV's is 60 mph on motorways but there limiter is set at 56 mph or slower by law how silly is that.
          Terry

Comment

This is fun......
            How about -
            People who don't indicate
            People who stop at roundabouts when there is no traffic
            People who stop suddenly because they are lost
            People who drive slowly because they are not actually going anywhere
            People who fall asleep at traffic lights
            People who don't use their mirrors
            Shall I go on?
            GOG - damn right

Comment

Advice On Road Rage - Apparently from the AA

Avoid conflict on the road
              o Share the road safely. Give yourself time and space to react to others - and their mistakes.

o Keep calm, show restraint. Every car journey brings a risk of frustration and conflict. Before you set off, be determined not to succumb to it, or to let 'liberty-takers' get to you.

o They're not out to get you! Most aggravating moves by other drivers are unintentional. We all make mistakes. Don't show your frustration by making gestures: they may mean nothing to you but could be the last straw for others.

o Don't compete or retaliate. If someone's driving annoys you, don't try to 'educate' them. Leave traffic policing to the police and driving instruction to professionals.

o Be patient in traffic. Don't push into traffic queues. If you wait and clearly signal what you want to do, other drivers will usually let you in: they don't like being forced to do so.

o Set an example to others. Give way at busy junctions or where traffic lanes merge: it won't delay your journey by much. Wherever there's merging traffic, follow the rule 'Let one in and go.'

o Say thanks. Courtesy encourages cooperative, safe use of the road.

o Say sorry. Apologising to the other driver when you make a mistake reduces confrontation and helps to defuse anger.

I have also been told that road works are laid out with cones merging traffic at the most appropriate distance from the obstructions. Traffic should use the whole of the available road then synchronise speeds and merge in turn. Cars changing lanes early disrupt the flow of traffic and cause additional delay. Unfortunately it always seems to be aggressive drivers that follow this advice. I know that many drivers see this as act of aggression and try to resist it.

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X