X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Hub Shrouds

Message originally posted by: Andy Dane
    Question for you guys...

The front hubs have got this "shroud" behind them that I can only take off by dismantling the hub assembly and replacing bearing asemblies etc
    I'm trying to dismantle as little as possible on the theory that if BMW put it together I shouldn't take it apart unless necessary.

I haven't seen these "shrouds" on anyone elses Sportster so how have they been removed??

Cheers
    Andy
    bmw.sportster(at)virgin.net
    www.marlinsportster.co.uk

Re: Front Hub Shrouds

If they are the same as the E30, and i guess they probably are then you are right the backplates are all in one with a hub shroud that can only be removed if the hub is split unless you chose to carefully cut them off. I actually put mine back and intend to leave them to do their job for the moment. Provided they are hidden inside the wheel there should be no probs with the SVA I hope (unless someone knows different). I might have a change of heart and rip it all apart again though cos' I have a long way to go before the car is done

Comment

Changed my mind and removed them. Assuming the caliper and carrier are off just remove the holding bolts and cut them off with aviatir tinsnips. Takes about 5 mins each.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Andy Dane
        Yup, agree with that I snipped mine off already - only the fronts though - the backs will be hidden away so I left them. Took me a bit longer than 5 mins though. Had a few problems with the bit where it was doubled up and thicker. Got them off eventually though...

cheers
        Andy

Comment

Working...
        X