Mk II date of production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk II date of production

I came acroos a Marlin Roadster in Spain. English documents sais it is a Marlin Roadster, 4 Door Saloon (?), Vin number 1587MM, engine number 18V647 and first registered in 1979. This information may come partially from the Marina donor car.
    To satisfy some legal requirements in Spain I need to know the actual date (almost the year) when the car (as it is now) was put on the road.
    I could only find that the Marina based production started in 83/84.
    Is there any way to check this date?
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Lovhg

Re: Mk II date of production

look on the front near side chassis member just behind the bumper you should find the Marlin Chassis number, then look on the web site on Roadster history and you should be able to work out when the kit was made.

Len.

Comment

That kit was produced between Feb 91 and April 91 but there is no way of knowing how long the car took to be completed and put on the road.
      However as the log book(V5c) uses the Marlin chassis number the car must have been presented for inspection. You may have to pay a fee but you should be able to verify this with the licensing authority DVLC Swansea
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thank you very much for your prompt and precise answer. I thought the car was older than that. Anyway I will try to check Marlin chassis number at DVLC.
        Best regards,
        lovhg

Comment

Just wondered what colour it is as my roadster was described like that on log book but all the paper work went with it when sold. Regards Liz

Comment

Working...
          X