Compatible parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatible parts

Does anyone know which if any of the Morris minor front suspension parts fit the Marina?
    Also will MGB front hubs fit the marina stub axles.

Re: Compatible parts

as an ex BLMC motor engineer when moggies were still in the new car showrooms, the answer to the first question is, none.Although they are both torsion bar suspension nothing is interchangeable.

Comment

I'd beg to differ with Ian slightly - the Moggie uprights and arms are certainly not interchangeable, but I believe the torsion bars themselves are (at least in 1 direction)...it is quite a popular mod to fit Marina torsion bars to Minors to beef up the suspension.
      As for the second question I don't know. The 2 hubs use different types of wheel bearing so possibly not. However, if you want a front hub that accepts MGB rostyle wheels then fit the Marina 575 van hubs - they have the same 4.5" pcd.
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Many thanks to you both. I was particularly wondering about the eyebolt bushes at the front end of the torsion bar

Comment

Working...
        X