Metro Inlet and exhaust manifolds - URGENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Inlet and exhaust manifolds - URGENT

There are a number of these on Ebay 1)is an inlet and exhaust maniflod for a 1.3 Austin Metro (Not Mg)and 2)Mini MG Metro Inlet and exhaust manifold. Which one, is there any difference between the non MG one and the MG? Can I use both Inlet and exhaust manifolds? HELP!!

Re: Metro Inlet and exhaust manifolds - URGENT

Hi Adrian,

The inlet and exhaust manifold for the 1.3 Metro is a one piece cast unit and was used for the 998cc high compression engines and the 1275cc.
    I used this manifold on my 1275cc Roadster.
    I also fitted the Metro 1275 head to my engine which has bigger valves than the standard 1275 Marina head along with the bigger Metro SU HIF Carb and the engine runs well.

The MG Metro Manifold is also a one piece cast unit and has a heated inlet manifold and needs plumbing in to the cooling system.
    The MG Metro Turbo manifold has separate inlet and exhaust castings but the inlet is also heated and needs plumbing in.

Hope this helps.

Regards Austin

Comment

Hi again Adrian,

I meant to attach this photo to last message.

Austin
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Austin, Many thanks for the information. I went for the NEW Metro manifold in the end. Hope my installation looks as good as yours when I have finished it. Regards Adrian

Comment

Working...
        X