MY project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY project

Not even 6 month in to my project the more i do the more I find I need to do, anyone else the same. anyone I central scotland doing the same.

Gerry
    Attached Files

Re: MY project

Hi Gerry,
    I regular feel like that but keep up the good work and you will get there. If you are ever passing Carlisle give me a ring and we can have a coffee only live ten mins of junction 43 M6.

Comment

Hi gerry

I no the feeling last year i was so sure i would have the marlin out in a target amount of weeks but never got there so would set a new target. So just decided it will be done when its done, must say though there is more on the car than laying in the garage now which is a good feeling, getting close now to sending it to the sprayers which will be a big step forward.

Your car is looking how far are you with it.

Kind Regards Tom

Comment

Gerry.

Looks like the bulk is done?!

When you do go out to work on it, do you find yourself starting with "Now, what will I do now...?", or even moving from job to job as one task becomes 'boring' or too time-consuming?

If so, perhaps it's time for a 'plan'?!!

If you make up a comprehensive list of the jobs that need doing, along with a ROUGH estimate of the times needed for each (in terms of 'one hour', 'a few hours', 'a full day', 'a few days...', etc), then have this list to hand when you go out to the garage. Chose a task achievable in the time you have, and stick with it...

I speak from experience - I've wated so many hours it's unreal. I jump from task to task as a more interesting problem grabs my attention, but usually having to give up before it's completed due to lack of time, only to find myself thinking as I walk back into the house "DARN!! I should have done so and so..." (For 'so-and-so' read: a task which would have been (a)useful progress, and (b)actually achievable in the time...)

I've done this for household DIY jobs too - when I now have a 'spare' hour, I can look at a list of things that can actually be done in that time, instead or wandering around wondering...

Comment

Whilst I agree with the concept of not jumping around jobs, too much planning is far too much like work rather than a hobby :-) I also find it is quite easy to spend time planning and "thinking" rather than doing - sometimes you can spend hours thinking about a job that is easy when you roll up the sleeves and get on with it ..... I guess with all these things it is getting the balance right ....

Comment

Working...
          X