SVA Compliant Fuel Filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVA Compliant Fuel Filler

Hi, I have read several old threads on Fuel fillers etc but they dont quite answer my question :- if possible I need to know what fuel filler neck and cap can be used on a Berlinetta that will pass the SVA.
    I have seen the many Aero Type caps / fillers on sites such as CBS but they seem to need a 120mm flat area and this does not exist on the rear area of the kit, is it still possible to use one of these commercially available caps? if so which one did you use?
    Many thanks in anticipation
    Malcolm

Re: SVA Compliant Fuel Filler

We tried to use an Aston type cap the first time round with the SVA but it was just too large get through the test. We then used an Aero type with the unleaded insert. We picked pretty much the smallest diameter one we could find, I think it came from Merlin Motor Sport near Castle Coombe, and built up the body around it to create a flatish platform for it to sit on. You have to be careful not to create sharp corners as you do this. To get the curve on the body looking right the built up section needs to be quite large but the result looks good.

Comment

Working...
    X