Which suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which suspension

I bought my Berlinetta one sunny afternoon from a dealer in Reigate with a brand new MOT certificate made out that very morning. When I got it home, I still don't know how, I looked it over; the steering knuckle was fouling the main master cylinder brake pipe, the rear wheel cylinders were seized and ....

The car had 4 ply Transit tyes fitted and the rear springs had one of those stupid rubber inserts fitted, presumably to reduce ride height, the car was in the air more than on the road. Any way I fitted the correct tyres and new springs and correct Ford type dampers all round from Don at YKC. The suspension is now much better but is still very noisy/bouncy. Is that the way Berlinettas are or am I getting too old?

Yes I have got to the point, I am thinking of uprating the front and rear suspension to improve suspension bounce but can I have a nice smooth suspension and a car that corners with almost no body roll?

What are some of the suspension conversions some of you carried out? In which way did the conversions alter the suspension? I would prefer not to fit different suspension arms and wishbones [the top one of which is an adjustable version bought from YKC].

Many thanks Roger

Re: Which suspension

Roger, good bushes along with adjustable Spax or AVO shockabsorbers are all that you will need assuming that your springs are okay. You do not need to convert anything you already have the adjustable top wishbone to take car of camber so you are one up already.

Comment

Working...
    X