A Bonnet; Mk I Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bonnet; Mk I Roadster

When I bought the car its Bonnet was a little bent (lots bent) as it had come up at 70MPH hit the top of the windscreen and then bent over a further 90'. I restraigtened the "repair" but it might well need one that has not been bent. or Can a Mk I be fitted with a Centre Hinge Bonnet ?? and who/where is one ??
    Still having fun with the 4 point rear seatbelt anchor points. Gregg pearson

Re: A Bonnet; Mk I Roadster

Hi Gregg, I very much doubt if you will track down a spare mk1 bonnet,even if you do they were hand fitted to each car and may not fit well.
    It may be possible to make a replacement one either yourself or by a local workshop.
    The hinge was a standard lenth of hinge of chrome on brass or better still stainless. Basically the one piece bonnet was cut up the middle then trimned to fit the hinge. One ingenius owner used a Morgan hinge system but not sure how.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks Ben, It is an interesting piece as there are little strengening pieces in the bonett, one at the hinge end making flat body work difficult. Might get one made at TT Workshops , www.ttworkshops.co.uk or just rebuild this one with some more strength underneath.
      Attached Files

Comment

Blue was the only colour left at the moment.

Comment

not doing photo's to well
          Attached Files

Comment

The original bonnet was just single skin with side returns, someone has reinforced the back end for the hinges.
            That paint work looks a bit shiny,very posh.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
            X