Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Barrel for Marina Donor

Message originally posted by: Matthew Glason
    Any idea where I might find a new ignition barrel? my ignition key is stuck fast and the local garage who did the MOT yesterday suggested contacting owners club(s) as he didn't think he would be able to track one down. My donor was a 1976 Marina 1.8TC coupe

Re: Ignition Barrel for Marina Donor

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    Why not take the opportunity to put a different barrel in the dash and have a push-button starter somewhere?

Comment

I fitted one a few months ago. Was lucky enough to find a late model Metro in the scrappers where the shear bolts hadn't been sheared. Wiring was identical. A Mini/Maestro item would work just as well as the wiring is virtually identical (in fact I think the Marina/Mini were identical units - BL parts bin specials). Failing which there was one on ebay a few days ago which might still be there.
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Matthew Glason
        Thanks for the tips guys. Can't really be bothered to rip things to pieces and put in a new starter although I agree it would look the business. Far easier to locate a direct replacement (I hope) so will carry on hunting although the BL cross-referencing should make things easier.

Comment

Working...
        X