Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on Duratech power?

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    Does anyone know if a Ford Duratech V6 will fit in the front of a LWB Roadster?

Re: Anyone on Duratech power?

Bound to with a bit of effort...! Damn sight easier than a V8. But why not find a scrap Omega V6 'cos that Vauxhall V6 is a beaut and its already set up for RWD...OK it'll probably have a slush box fitted but you might find a manual if you look hard enough. Omegas are as cheap as chips as well...
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
      that is true, I was only lookin at the Duratech due to the ease of putting a type 9 'box on (which I know fits in the standard tunnel ).

I'm thinking of upgrading the powerplant/rear axle at some point next year and when I eventually get the guts to modify the bonnet it will mean I have holes on the left hand side for the air-filters. Most new engines have the filters on the right-hand side .

I was looking at Alfa Romeo 2lt twin cam (like Hugh's) but someone suggested the Duratech (both have filters on the left as standard like the B). I do like the idea of nice V6 and it's a much more sensible option than the big V8!

Comment

Stefan, if you do go for the Duratech make sure you take lots of pics and do lots of documentation - I'd love to have the same, once somone else has tried it first My daily driver is an ST200 and the engine is just fantastic!

Comment

Working...
        X