YKC, Cameron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YKC, Cameron

Hi Cameron, or anyone else who may be able to help. I am trying to help a member who runs a YKC Roadster Sierra based as his daily transport. He needs to replace the bushes in the rear tramp bars what should he ask for? Are they the same bushes as used on the front track control arms? Can anyone help please?

Re: YKC, Cameron

Danny
    Try www.superflex.co.uk as they stock bushes for Sierra suspension.If you look at there website they give part numbers and pictures/sizes so you can compare details.

Comment

HiBob, I know, but the problem is he does not know which one. He can not take the car off the road and take a bush out. He needs to order them and and then do the job. I think they will be the same bush as the track control arms but I am not 100 percent sure. The Cabrio top wishbone takes the same as the track control arm.

Comment

Let me have a rummage through some photos and see what I can come up with to help identify the part. It will be a common part I'm sure.
        The rear suspension is a five link set up - two fore/aft bars each side locating the hub carrier and a diagonal link going across the axle, adjustable shocks join it together. From memory the bushes are all the same. If I dont have a piccy I will take one, whilst its off the ground I can measure too - do you know exactly which bushes need doing?

Comment

Hi Cameron, He needs to replace one of the bushes in the fore/ aft bars, so when he knows what to order he will probably have all four. This member lives on a beach! his only transport is his Marlin, in fact only a Marlin or a four wheel drive would be capable of the drive through sand and bushes from the road to where he lives. Thank you for your help.

Comment

HI Danny, have been out to the garage just and had a look, they do look remarkably similar to the inner track control arm bushes, I also note there are some on fleabay Item number: 270512658184 that dont look to shabby at about £3 each plus post. proably worth gettin a couple to check first and if they are wrong then they can be used on the front! Plenty of copper grease on the bolts to stop them shearing later though! hth

Comment

Hi Cameron, Thankyou, I appreciate your help.

Comment

Danny, I don't know if this is too late but we recently moved home and it has taken me ages to find my YKC build books in the boxes. The notes I took when I built mine were:

Trailing arm bushes and diff support bushes Clayflex SAB935
                Top diff mounting bush Motorcaft 1 619120

I then had a little not which says "(= same as inner front swing armm bush EBJ12?)"

A couple of other bits I took down were
                Short handbrake cable Unipart UGC GV6 2235 ; Ford part 650 27 46 or it might be 650 72 416 (couldn't read it properly but off a '94 Fiesta)

I have a 2.0 DOHC and I angle ground off the power steering compressor support arm (off the alternator support bracket) and, according to how you set up the alternator the revised fan belt is

QBR 6 1187 Cleo 1.7 ; Cleo 1.8 ; Audi A6

(The 6 means 6 grooves and the 1187 is length in mm's

or

QBR 6 1175 Fiesta Xetec

Comment

Hi Keith, Thanks very much for the information.

Comment

Working...
                  X