Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland Tour

Hi all,

We're planning on doing an approximately 1 week driving tour of Scotland from 18/6 to 26/6. This is our proposed trip:

http://tinyurl.com/yd4mpog

Our stops in Edinburgh and near Inverurie are fixed to see family, but otherwise I would welcome people's thoughts on nice places to see and what they think of our route.

Also, if anyone wants to meet that week at some point on the route it would be good to meet you!

Cheers

Graham

Re: Scotland Tour

Graham, looks like a great trip. I used to live up on the North coast, and so know the area fairly well. I'd suggest you travel down the west coast from Ullapool, instead of going back inland. If you had time, you could even take the bridge over to Skye, drive up to the north of the island and then down to Sleat (south bit) and take the ferry over to Mallaig. Personally I'd spend more time on the west coast than the east, and avoid the Aberdeen leg, which can be very dull! Enjoy!

Comment

Re: Scotland Tour

Well, we had a great trip. Not sure how I feel about the recommendation to go across to Skye; I managed to knock a big hole in the sump whilst we there (fortunately as we went into our B&B for the night)! Only joking, it was a great recommendation. The road from Mallaig to Fort William is great, we went on the regrettably short but excellent coastal B-road from Mallaig. Top-down-tastic! The recommendation to stay on the coast from Ullapool was good too.

Funny thing though; whilst parked in Montrose at the side of the road, checking the map, a chap came over and asked how to get parts! He has a Roadster in garage and was struggling to find things. I've pointed him in the direction of the owner's club.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X