Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message from Swansea to those going through IVA....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from Swansea to those going through IVA....

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel
    Approvals Testing and Support Services (TaSS)
    VOSA,
    Ellipse,
    Padley Road,
    Swansea,
    SA1
    8AN.

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen ,

I trust this e-mail finds you all well and enjoying the end of the recession (according to published data !)

I thought that this would be a good time to impending removal of two temporary dispensations that were issued during the introduction of IVA. From the 29th April 2010, both the dispensation for fuel tanks (fuel tank filling point) and safety glass vehicles presented from this date will have IVA requirements. While I am sure that the vast majority of you will have exhausted old stocks of glass or made design changes (where
    necessary), it may well be worth checking that your customers are also aware of the changes. VOSA are still testing vehicles that have used
    this dispensation recently and I am keen that your customers are made aware of the changes, before they are reintroduced.

I do hope that you have found this information to be of use. However, if you feel that I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
    Mark

Mark Vickers Eng Tech MSOE MIRTE
    Technical Officer
    Vehicle & Trailer Approvals
    Vehicle & Operator Services Agency
    Department for Transport.

01792 454256 - Tel
    01792 463581 - Fax

Re: Message from Swansea to those going through IVA....

I got worried about the tank dispensation, so I rang Mark Vickers up for clarification.

The dispensation is for this:

Page 52 Of the IVA manual, Point 14.
    Fuel tank filling points must not be located in the passenger compartment, luggage compartment or within an engine compartment.

And covers installations where the filler is in the same compartment as the tank - like an old VW Beetle.

He confirmed on the phone that if the tank is not in the passenger compartment / boot (it isn't, it's under the boot) and the filler is on the bodywork with pipework between them just like a production car (which it has) it's fine.

So no issue at all to Sportster builders.

Comment

Working...
    X