Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P Clips

Message originally posted by: Andy Dane
    OK, I need to buy P Clips for brake lines etc. but everywhere I look they cost a minimun of about 40p each and then add ?5 p+p.

Firstly do the SVA regulations specify the type of P Clip (rubber lined etc)
    Secondly - where do I buy them that isn't a silly price for a piece of basic bent metal?

And roughly how many will I need?

Andy

Re: P Clips

Hi Andy, the copper pipes on my Roadster have been held up with nylon "P" clips for 15 years with no sign of deterioration. They should work fine as long as they are not exposed to UV. A packet of 100 from Maplin of 6.5 mm is ?1.80 (plus screws of course). Don't know if they are SVA compliant 'though.Hugh.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Andy Dane
      Marks says nylon clips are SVA OK, so have just paid a visit to Maplin - cheers

Comment

Glad they are compliant. If you wrap a few turns of insulating tape round the pipe to make a snug fit in the clip it stops any rattles. Hugh.

Comment

I have used the metal/rubber clips from Namrick. Much stronger than plastic clips and when you consider how much they cost in comparison to the overall cost of the car.....
          I used about 20 x 5mm for the brake pipes and 16 x 9mm? for the fuel pipes

Comment

Working...
          X