Sierra window regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sierra window regulator

I need a drivers side Sierra window regulator [electric lift].Anyone got a spare or know where I can get one? My existing unit has 3/4 teeth missing/worn.

Re: Sierra window regulator

try 01205 460737 breaking sierras

Comment

Alan
      I have a late Sierra I am pulling apart, so I assume it will have what you are looking for.
      Can you give me a bit more detail of exactly what you are after, and I'll see what condition mine are in.
      If you'd prefer, you can contact me on email mands.garner(at)btinternet.com
      Regards
      Mike

Comment

Hi Alan
        Another Sierra breaker:
        Birch Bros nr Bradford 01274 834921.
        I believe they supplies packages of parts to some kitcar makers that use Sierra running gear for Seven types, and they don't need window motors etc.
        Cheers - Dave

Comment

Thanks to Danny Nelson I now have a good one installed.
          Do I need the 'Marlin' limit stops and if so how on earth do they fit as the manual is useless on this point.Have the Ford limit stop o the regulator at present.

Comment

My limit stop is how far down I can wind the window with my arm regulator.

Comment

Hi Alan
              I have some of the stops, but couldn't work out how they fitted! There doesn't seem any need for them, as the window hits the bottom of the door at the lower limit of travel, and at the top either hits the the hood frame or jams against window channel. No damage ensues provided you don't hold the power on, which could concievably blow a fuse or burn out the motor. Clean everything up and regrease and bench check that it all works smoothly before fitting. Then when you fit it you know the only adjustment needed is to the window guides to make it work. The guides must be parallel! The same applies to the central locking - get it working off the car, then there are less variables once fitted.
              Dave

Comment

Lots of helpful stuff on Simon Gregory's flikr site. The main hoop elbow hinge needed additional plate welded to top so that the side channel can be positioned higher to clear the glass. Limit stop to adjust the upper position of glass added to window support channel.
                With luck it should all add up to a better fit of glass to hood which i was not happy about. It would appear that a few other builders had the same problem [and that previous owner/builder gave up!] leading one to believe that an error in manufacture may have been present?
                The receipts show the purchase of door lock central locking motors but not present on vehicle so I'm not going to worry too much on that one.
                Any preferences on alarms/immobilisers/security as this is going to be a daily car and will need to be left out of sight at times?

Comment

Limit stops are to stop/limit the upward travel, so that you don't slam the door onto the hood frame and break the glass.
                  I have taken a picture of my limit stops today, for those of you above that don't know how limit stops fit. Mine are of one piece design, which are slightly different to what is shown in the build manual.
                  Peter
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X