detling car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detling car show

i went to detling yesterday [sunday] apart from the weather being cold and wet i was very disapointed in the show this year car attendance was well down mabey the rain put people off all the club stands were very muddy. driving your pride and joy over sloppy mud is not everybodys cup of tea .inside the show there were the same stalls in the same places as last year nothing new. ive been to this show for many years even going back to chatam docks but i dont think ill be going back roll on stoneleigh!!

Re: detling car show

I was there Sunday too and agree with your comments. I've not been for 3 years and this years show was virtually the same as the last time I went. What was disappointing for me was there was only five club members attended. Also why on earth was the club stand at the back of a field well away from the main display area, when there was plenty of space around the concrete hard-standing, which is where most of the public wandered. I sat in my car for half an hour watching people by-passing our cars, because it was too far to walk. I'd driven 97 miles to attend this show but it will probably be the last time I do.
    SHAMBLES

Comment

Thats the space allocated by the organiser. Its very difficult to negotiate moving the pitch when the turn out is as poor as that. Monday was even worse 3 cars and that included Bob and myself. I dont think you can call it a shambles, the kit car industry is dying a slow death unless you want to drive a cobra or a seven. The chips were excellent.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

It is a small show, and the turn-out of Marlins was poor. I think we would moan more if these shows disappear. Ether we go and support them or they go, as Ben said seems less people are owning these cars now. :0(

Comment

Working...
        X