Wind deflectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind deflectors

Hi, I have a Mk.1 doorless Roadster which I built 20+ years ago. As anno domini creeps upon me the draught in my right ear is getting less attractive. Getting to the point, I have been thinking that a deflector would be a good idea. Before I start messing about with hardboard mockups (thus saving expensive mistakes with polycarbonate), can anyone tell me if I am wasting my time. Do they really work, and if so is there an optimum shape,angle,size etc. Would appreciate any advice going. Thanks.

Re: Wind deflectors

In my opinion they do work quite well. Tech Tips (and old Pitstops) have several different shapes/sizes/ideas

Comment

I sit right back in my LWB so the wind still hits me even with the deflectors. If I move forward they work much better so should be ok for you.
      Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Mine are about the size of the ones on cobras and dont do much. If you go too big they look like elephant ears.
        I find a little yellow foam ear plug in just the right ear works quite well. Or club goods sell a cap with flaps for £7
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I don't think mine do very much at all. If you do go ahead make sure you can fold them in and still fit you soft top (assuming you have one). Most of the wind rush hits my head as wraps around and comes forward. Tim Hawkesworth has managed to acquire one of these posh net devices that sits behind the occupants on very expensive sports cars and he reckons that it works well

Comment

Hi Austin, we also have a mk1 doorless roadster and i can assure you side deflectors do work.

Comment

Working...
            X