Wheels & Tyres Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels & Tyres Again

Is anyone running 205/60/16 on their Cabrio?
    If so some photos would be really appreciated.
    regards
    Mike

Re: Wheels & Tyres Again

Hi mike I put 205/55/17 on. My v8 it looked very good

Comment

Lee
      How about a few photos from different angles?
      Rgds
      Mike

Comment

My Hunter is running on 205/55x16 Toyo T1R Proxes Tyres on Fox alloys. That's the size fitted when I bought it 3rd user. Pic attached. Peter.
        Attached Files

Comment

Peter
          Your wheels suit the Hunter very well. I am tempted to go for a slightly deeper profile tyre to fill the arches and give a slightly softer ride.
          Does anyone have any views?
          Mike

Comment

Hi Mike. That would be my initial choice too visually. Also the speedo reads approx 10% fast which I think maybe due to these tyres being a smaller rolling radius than original? However as it sticks to the road like a limpet I have always kept to the the same size as when I bought it as I didn't want to compromise roadholding, especially with 3.9L of engine to cope with :-0 On the down side the V8 sump is quite close to the ground so even another half inch of clearance would help, especially with the plague of speed bumps that is upon us! peter.

Comment

Peter - How long does a set of tyres last with 3.9l under the bonnet? With a V8 that must be a very leisurely drive?
              My preference is still to go for 16" wheels with 205 x 60 tyres. Taking note of other comments on the forum, I wonder if 195 would be better, but 195 65 16 tyres appear to be van tyres which I gues will not behave the same as car tyres?
              Mike

Comment

Hi Mike. The Toyo's are quite soft but their short life that I have experienced so far is almost certainly due to the excessive rear wheel toe in that I still haven't sorted. See earlier posts by Derek Jones about this and shimming of the rear wheel hub carriers to sort it. It's too much fun for a leisurely drive, but I do try :-))Peter.

Comment

Working...
                X