Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover V8 timing

Urgent help required

I have put the Rover V8 in a YKC LWB roadster In terms of "fit" it does without a great deal of alteration. E.G. Steering linkage re routed, engine mounts modified, gearbox mounting moved and modified and finally the side panels are now hinged, this is optional but gives better access for maintenance. The engine itself needs some attention in terms of length to enable the gear lever to sit in the original ford pinto/gear lever hole, this can be achieved by shortening the remote mechanism and cutting the excess thread from the water pump.

Now for the crunch, Having had a lot of work done on the engine e.g. crank ground, bores honed new rings, heads skimmed valves re seated, timing gears and chain etc etc Unfortunately, although it runs it is not burning all the fuel (massive excess of hydrocarbons) according to the tuning man, he suggested that it could be only the timing of the camshaft/crankshaft. It was put together according to the Haynes manual, lining up the centres, the dot and the hole in the camshaft gear, I have photo?s to prove it! Does anyone have details or experience of setting up the cam and crank, it does seem odd that the cam gear has a pointer on it outer edge which is about one tooth further round, however the Haynes manual clearly shows the hole to be the mark.

I?m of the road until I get it sorted can anyone help please
    YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8
Working...
X