Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

I am switching from twin Stromberg carbs (untunable)to single SU on an 1800 Marina engine (MGB). I have the manifold and gaskets but I need a new exhaust downpipe. Mill Autos cannot source one. Does anyone know where I can get a Marina type single downpipe (I don't need the boxes)and the clamp to fix it to the manifold?

Re: Exhaust

I was just reading 'Understeer' The Morris Marina Owners Club mag and there is a current article about Marina Exhausts.
    The writer states that there are five different front pipes fitted to a Marina though all share the same front box though does not explain the differences.
    As far as I am aware the MGB pipes exit at a comletely different point.
    Perhaps your best option is to talk to Longlife in Plymouth or to source an MGB downpipe or perhaps an extractor manifold and then cut and shut it to fit.

Comment

Or...I have a Marlin supplied 2-piece 1.8 single carb downpipe going spare and I may even be able to find the manifold clamp. This is for a side-exit system, existing over the chassis rail. Grubby & used but perfectly serviceable (stainless).

If this is what you need drop me a mail on jezcox<at>tesco.net.
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Thanks for your fast response, guys.

The piece I need has a right angle bend. It has a flared flange to connect to the manifold. Length from flare flange to bottom of bend is about 12 inches. Length from bend to other end is about 24 inches where it is clamped inside a pipe that gose to the box at the rear (not side exit). The pipe is 1.5 inches internal diameter. I believe it to be standard Marina pipe, sawn off before the standard Marina front box. I can probably get the clamp from e-bay.

It doesn't need to be SS.

Comment

Ah, if it's a single downpipe then MGB wont help because as far as I recall they are all twin downpipe manifolds.
          Perhaps a quick visit over to http://www.fastmarinamagazine.com, the Marina owners forum might find you an original pattern but I somehow doubt it.

Perhaps thats the ultimate option, fit an MGB manifold and down pipe or fit an MGB extractor or header pipe that combines both manifold and downpipes all in one.
          You never know, it might help deliver a little more power.

Comment

Working...
          X