Clear All

Re: More progress on Vikki the GOOster

Looks superb, a credit to your efforts.David

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Vikki at Stoneleigh. Well done Liz

Comment

Outstanding!! It reflects all your efforts. Can't wait to see her.

Comment

Looks superb, I love the colour it really suits the car.
          Terry

Comment

Deserves to be "Car of the Month" for the next six months, correction "Car of the Year"

Comment

Wow. Feeling very humble now. Thanks to everyone who voted.

Comment

Hi Jason, Looks amazing in the flesh ,well done just love the colour.
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks Ben.

I'm sat at home with a nasty cold - must have caught it at the Rugby on Saturday - I'd never have got it from driving to Stoneleigh and back in an open top car...

Anyway - I was bored, so I've added some flick through galleries on the site:

Squarespace. A new way of thinking about website publishing.

If you don't want to read my purple prose, you don't have to now.

Comment

Here's the latest:

As she's got a new number, that's what I've had engraved on the trophies.

I've also embarked on a new project. I've been inspired by Lee's power steering upgrade to his cabrio, so I'm going to attempt the same.

I've sourced a second e30 BMW steering column to butcher, along with this:

I've taken the top of the column off already - it's just bolted on. I've also removed the splined shaft that ran inside the top of the column, as it may come in handy. The seller also sent the lower universal joint link, and what I believe is a steering angle sensor - which is no use to me, as there's no where to plug it into on the ECU.

I've also go the plugs that fit the ECU, so I can splice it into Vikki's wiring loom, and an new arduino. I'm planning on getting the arduino take the pulses from the diff (road speed) and the coil (engine speed) and translate them into Corsa-can so the assistance falls off as I speed up.

Comment

What's this? An update? Good Lord...

Comment

You have been busy! I thought you would have been out & about driving it! Hopefully the weather will be better next year.

Comment

Hi Jason great write up, keep us posted.....................Love Vikki..................

Comment

Santa came early this year, and left this under the tree for vikki:

A new polished header tank, made by the same chap who did my washer bottle. He followed my drawings (well, most of them - he did weld the top plate on back to front, but when I pointed it out he split the top off again, turned it round and welded it back on. You'd never know from looking at it!)

Also, I've been busy polishing:

It probably needs another going over to get it really bright. Then it's onto the air intake manifold!

Comment

Hi Jason.
                              Very nice looking tank, but a word of caution.

I had an expansion hose blow off my top hose spigot because that was parallel sided. I notice your coolant spigots are also parallel (and very shiny!). I would suggest that you try to find some way to produce an "interference" for the coolant hoses to avoid the same problem. Options are - Turning some grooves around the end (not an option now they are welded in); Running a weld bead arount the end of the spigots, or at the very least running some 60 grit paper around the ends.

When hoses are first fitted they seem quite tight, but after some use the rubber will give and the hose clips grip is much less. Peter.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Pete - I'll see what I can do to cive myself a barbed / ridged ends to those outlets. Don't want to loose any coolant!

Comment

Working...
                                X