Avoiding IVA ?.. Just how critical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoiding IVA ?.. Just how critical?

I want to retain the id & hope too the status of my donor car.
    To get 8 or more points to keep the id, i need to keep the original components, just how exact a science is this ?
    Will i need every true component from the donor to match by year part ids etc, or is it just the same or similar type of component?
    For example if i have a 1965 herald 1200 donor but have a 1360 rear axle will it be deemed outside the rules.

Re: Avoiding IVA ?.. Just how critical?

Phone me 01322 553354 (MOC Triumph Tech Rep)
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi,
      There is a lot of knowledge available from members who may be able to help you; Why not join The Club, Your £15 subscription will get you a bi-monthly magazine, discount on parts and insurance, advice from Technical Reps the Club supports this website from members subs., just click on membership for application details. There is also an active social side to the Club

Comment

Good advice from both of you thank you, i wil join the club for sure tim. I have been doing a little research this evening on the iva and its rules, if i said i was much clearer on it then i would be lying to you.
        The built before 1990 part is a bit vague just when is a car classed as built ?
        Is it when it is finished... And if so when is that? My house is still not finished and never will be but it is a house for sure.
        It strikes me as lots of very grey areas all a little cloudy too.

Comment

I think this page explains it: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/RegisteringAVehicle/DG_10014246

Basically if you have replaced the chassis then it needs to go through IVA. If two or more major components are from a single donor then you will get an age related plate, otherwise it will be a 'Q'

Note though that the registration process is administered by DVLA and IVA is administered by VOSA. So it's two government departments and not everything is 'joined up'. For instance you CAN drive to the IVA test (un-taxed, un-registered provided it is insured) but you are required to take the the car on a trailer to DVLA for them to inspect it.

For the IVA you will have to prove the AGE of the engine to have the correct emmissions applied.

For DVLA you will have to prove the Enginge, and one other major component came from a single donor. This may photographic evidence, though possession of the donor's logbook (or at least a photocopy) is usually adequate.

Comment

Working...
          X