Sportster Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportster Dimensions

Hi, Could someone let me know the rough length and width of a sportster rolling chassis?

I'm hoping to start a sportster build before the end of the year. At the moment I'm trying to move house to get one with a garage so understanding the dimensions will help me decide whether the garages I'm looking at will be big enough. Some modern houses have sorry excuses but I've found a few with 9' wide which I should imagine is a start

thanks

Re: Sportster Dimensions

From the marlincars web site

Overall Specification of car
    circa 850kg
    Overall Length: 3650
    Overall Width: 1650
    Track width: 1625

Build clearances are something of a personal preference. It would be a pain to move a bare chassis without it being mounted on castor wheeled dollys. That way the chassis can be moved side to side quite quickly.

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I did find those measurements afterwards on their website but even then 1625 seemed narrow when looking at it with a tape measure. I've moved now and the garage doors are about 2400mm with about another 300 width once you get inside so that should be do-able if not the most comfortable environment. length is more than enough so I should be able to keep the sides free of clutter and store parts in a garden shed

Comment

I built mine in a "standard" single garage. About 8' 6" wide. The trick is not to fit the wheels and wings till you have to - the car is reasonably narrow until you do. I stored all the "body parts" in a small shed which I set aside just for that purpose.

I had no problems with space at all.

Robin

Comment

I have a pair of castor wheeled dollies left over from my own build. Actually the castor wheeled bit is a bit of a misnomer as I think that such may need to be replaced. However they are available free of charge if anyone cares to collect them from just North of Ashbourne on the Derbyshire/Staffordshire border.

Comment

Working...
          X