Lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lining

Does anyone suggest lining an interior for sound proofing or comfort before laying the carpet.If so do you know if the carpet set from Marlin allows for this.Cheers Chris

Re: Lining

Message originally posted by: Mike Woodley
    Hi Chris,
    I built a Cabrio with a Rover V8 and also considered sound proofing, but in the end did not use it. In my case the carpet only just made the bottom of the transmission tunnel sides, and the seats width did not allow for any extra depth in the carpet, so the decision was made for me.
    The high quality carpet from Marlin does a reasonable job of damping the cabin noise and feels luxurious under foot! In my car the cabin is very noisy when the soft top is up, all the noise it seems is generated by the roof, so there is no advantage in sound proofing the floor.

Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,
      Many thanks for that.Just what I wanted to hear!One other question while I have your interest,did you stick or stud your carpet to the floor and tunnel?
      Thanks Chris

Comment

Hi Mike

I am interested in your comments on the seat width and wondered if you could provide some extra info.

Is the tightness in width on the front end of the seat, ie across the front edge bolster to bolster, what seats do you have fitted and is you car LWB or SWB.

I have yet to select the seats I will use and would be interested to get your comments.

Regards

John

Comment

Hi Chris,
          I stuck my carpet direct to the tunnel.The door seal can be pushed over the carpet when glued to the sides.I also cut plywood to fit over the galvanised floor panels.
          Hope this is of use to you.
          Regards Mike

Comment

Hi John,
            My car is SWB Rover V8 engined version. The transmission tunnel is wider on this model than the Ford engined variety,so there is less width in the seat wells.The seats were made for me by Marlin, and i believe were cut down Recarros.I am very slim which is just as well as the side supports certainly keep me in place,Mrs "Mike" says they are a bit tight for her slightly "fuller" figure.They have bedded in nicely now and i find them snug but comfortable.
            Yes the tightness is at the front of the seat when pulled forward, but allowance has to be made for the seat belt inner stalk as you adjust the seat back for leg length, its tight all round but i am sure Marlin could give you Max dimensions.
            I hope this helps
            Regards Mike

Comment

Cheers Mike

My Car is a lWB with Ford DOHC so maybe I will have a bit more room to spare. I'll check out the dimensions of the seats with Marlin when I go to collect the Hood and frame I have on order.

Thanks for the reply

Regards

John

Comment

Thanks Mike , just got my seats from Marlin and ur right about the front width!Guess thats one reason why they are so comfortable.I"ve had to make adjustments under the front frame tho to get better thigh support being long legged.Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Mike Woodley
                  Hi Chris, Nice to here you are progressing with your build. Out of interest do you know what car your seats have been "cut down" from? If you are down my way and want to pop in and have a look at my Cabrio, just get in touch.

Comment

HI mike , my seats were the latest from Marlin and come from France and are trimmed locally.Thanks for the invite I`ll be in touch. Do you know [ or anyone out there] know if MOC have a list of Marlin owners ;it would be to know where all our Marlins are!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC, Editor)
                      Hi Chris

Of course we have a list of Marlin owners! It's called the Owners Club!!! Seriously, we haven't a list of everyone who has ever bought a kit but there are nearly 700 members in the Club. This means that there are at least 2000 other people somewhere who have not come forward. Members are all over the country and also in France, Australia, Ireland, Jersey, The Channel Isles, Germany and New Zealand and we have had enquiries from America and Denmark!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC, Editor)
                        Hi Chris

Of course we have a list of Marlin owners! It's called the Owners Club!!! Seriously, we havn't a list of everyone who has ever bought a kit but there are nearly 700 members in the Club. This means that there are at least 2000 other people somewhere who have not come forward. Members are all over the country and also in France, Australia, Ireland, Jersey, The Channel Isles, Germany and New Zealand and we have had enquiries from America and Denmark!

Comment

Thanks Sue, silly question really! I should have joined MOC years ago when I started my build as I`m sure many problems would have been solved sooner.I`ve seen a slightly tired Berlinetta around Chard area, any idea of owners,MOC badge,red.Great site & Pitstop.

Comment

Working...
                          X