straight 6 engine number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• straight 6 engine number

I'm very new to this kit car lark but loving it so far. Bought a Roadster a few weeks back and was told it has a 2.5lt straight 6 engine, originally it was a 2.0lt but was replaced by the previous owner... but no history or proof of this.
    I need to know how to find out what it is, so where is the engine number? i have 4 sets of numbers on the cylinder head V3298 313248 X41 219016 what are they?
    It has twin SU Carbs so i think its a triumph 2500TC any help is very welcome.

Re: straight 6 engine number

Keith

The engine number should be stamped on the block (rear near side of engine to the right of the distributor).

Canley Classics have a list of engine number on their website link below;
    http://www.canleyclassics.com/?xhtml=xhtml/infodatabase/engine.html&xsl=infodatabase.xsl

If the link doesn't work the list can be found by clicking on archive followed by technical archive followed by engine number identification chart.

Regards

Nick

Comment

Seems i've been looking in the wrong place then !!
      so what are all the numbers i can see? on the opposite side of the engine, carb side, bottom of cylinder head ?? confusing....

Comment

Thanks Nick
        Found the number MM3615HF Triumph 2500TC so at least i now know what lump is in there !! Anyone know what the HF means ?

Comment

Nick is correct that the prefix MM is for the 2500 engine
          I think if you look closely the HF is actually HE which is the suffix on High Compression engines.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
          X