Uploading pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading pictures

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC, Editor)
    Hi Guys

You can now upload a photo with your Forum entry. Photos must be jpeg format and 64K or less.

Have a go! I have added a photo for you to see. It's a bad photo of my car. Don't take it too seriously!

Sue

Re: Uploading pictures

Message originally posted by: Mike Woodley
    Hi Sue,
    Great idea to have the option to add a photo to the original message, but is it possible to add a photo to a reply? It would assist in demonstrating a solution to a problem, who was it that said "a picture is worth a thousand words"?

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike

Yes, we are working on that one. We ran out of time during this update session. It will be on the list for my next website day asap. In the meantime, you can get round it by replying to say you will add a new post. It's not ideal but a compromise for now.

Cheers

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
        may I ask as to why you haven't used a free off-the-shelf solution but are developing your own?

I doubt there would be licensing issues (since MOC isn't a bussiness but a "charity" as it were), and could give all the functionality we are used to. There are some sites which even let you use a re-branded version of their forum software (www.pistonheads.com is an example there)

Comment

Hi Stefan

Just discovered I didn't reply to this.

I didn't know there was such a thing but I feel we are much better off with my friend and I regularly developing the website and I like the way we can customise it. I'm not quite sure what you're referring to with the free product - is it a whole website service or something more specific?

Comment

Working...
          X