tyre pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre pressure

Can anyone help a forthcomming member with idea`s on tyre pressures.
    I have just obtained a Cortina based 2000cc pinto Berlinetta with 15" Avon tyres all round
    Any recommendations to tyre pressures, sitting at 25lb front and 22lb rear at pressant seams a bit jumpy !.

Re: tyre pressure

Hi Fred

I have 22 all round but some go as low as 18. You can afford to go lower and then try it out for the right feel..

Have a look through the forum for the great debates about tyre size as well. I run on 185/85 having previously had 205/70 for many years. The 185's handle better....

BTW, looking forward to you joining the Club.

Comment

Fred I used to have 205/70s and found that 18psi front and 20psi rear was the best setting for my Berli. I now have softer rubber size 205/65 which seems happiest at 20psi front and 22 psi rear. Try different settings around these figures - it soon becomes apparent which pressures suit your car!
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi all,
        Thanks for info, will play arround 20lb.Thanks.

Comment

Fred, what width and - especially - profile tyres do you have fitted? Low profile - say, 60 and below - will feel more stiff and you'll notice bumps and ridges more.

With the car being much lighter than the donor, the tyres contribute a lot more to the 'suspension' than usual...

Comment

Tyre presue now sorted with full tank and two up its on rails at 22lb front and 25lb rear. Original Avons fitted, but wear signs on walls now, otherwise tread ok.
            Fred.

Comment

Working...
            X