New owner Q733 JKO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner Q733 JKO

Just purchased a Marlin SWB hybrid (6cyl)from a very genuine guy in fleetwood and love it !! what a great car, thanks to Lee and Danny for your advice.
    This is my first contact with the forum, does anyone know if I can fitt a boot rack and who can I buy one off.

Re: New owner Q733 JKO

Boot racks are available but not specifically for Marlin Roadsters.
    Do you have a rear mounted spare? in which case the standard style Marlin rack hinged on the back bumper with two fixings through the bodywork. That makes getting the spare off quite easy.

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/ do bootracks and extension tubes to clear a sparetyre but the lower fixings will be deep in the boot space and may not be readily accesible.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi Neil,
      I cant give you any advise on a boot rake, but a big welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy your roadster.

Terry

Comment

Hi Neil, Welcome to the club pleased you bought the car, they are great.....Give me a call sometime.

Comment

Hi Neil. I found some images in my archives that may help you ...
          Attached Files

Comment

and some details of the fixings...
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Neil,
              My solution was to make up standoffs for two of the spare mounting studs and use flat alloy bar and wood slats as in the pics. As I've only had to remove the spare in earnest once in 20yrs. it hasn't been a problem.
              Attached Files

Comment

And more
                Attached Files

Comment

Exhaust clamps, 15mm copper, and a spray can of paint !
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Neil
                    Nice to hear of another 6 pot marlin guy.... i'm only in Dudley, would you like to meet up one of the days? i'd love to have a look at your marlin....
                    Mine went on the road for the first time in about 22 years this week....
                    Needs some stuff doing to it over the winter though, but passable for now.
                    Let me know if you have a free day..

Comment

Thanks guys for all your replys, and I will meet up Keith

I have been having a few problems due to the fact that the vacuum advance was kaput (I set it set at 5 deg seems OK)and the stromies have no adjustment (looks like early uppers later lowers carb bodies)

Does any one know if SU's have ever been used on a 6 pot? and if not where are second hand units available.

Now i'm getting used to the car, the handling is really good, such asmiley car.

Comment

Trying to upload photo's here goes

Comment

I recently found a new vac advance for my dizy.
                          Two sources
                          http://www.vitessesteve.co.uk/PDF/ST%20Lucas%201969.pdf
                          and
                          http://www.mickdolphin.co.uk/
                          MOC member since 05/97
                          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                          X