Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

Help i have no pedal movement on my marlin, bled system still solid any ideas

Re: Brakes

When you bled your brakes was there pedal movement and fluid coming out of the bleed nipples ?. Can you rotate your wheels when the brake pedal is not pressed and do the wheels lock up when the brake pedal is pressed ?. If a servo fitted check its operation with the engine running and then off. If everything works ok then it must be that you have a very good pedal with little movement.

Comment

Thanks Bob for the tips after looking again i think it is a servo problem when the engine is running there is still no movement

Comment

Presumably you bled your brakes using a EezeBleed so you did not have to press the brake pedal and there is brake fluid passing from the reservoir to the brake cylinders?

There is a direct mechanical link between pedal and master cylinder so either the pedal, servo or master cylinder have seized.
        My first guess is that the servo has seized as it is unlikely that a master cylinder brake or pedal would be the culprit.
        If you unbolt the master cylinder, is the brake pedal still solid?

I think its a case of reading a Haynes manual and working through the braking system, isolating each major component as you go

Servos are not generally a servicable items though some filters and seals are available. You may be looking for a new servo from http://www.earlpart.co.uk/ or eBay if you are lucky.

Comment

Working...
        X