Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen

Hello,
    I am replacing the windscreen on my Cabrio after a major rebuild.
    I have been quoted a cost of £95.00 for the glass alone from a local supplier.
    Does anyone have any experiences with a different supplier / fitter.

Re: Windscreen

Hi Paul. 3/4 weeks ago,through trying to drill out pop rivets in the surround on my sportster, I managed to crack the screen.I rang the local depot of a well known country-wide franchise to see if they could fix my problem and duly dropped the screen at their premises.A couple of hours later (lunch time), I got a phone call to say that it would ready for collection by approx 4-30 and the cost would be £93.When I went to collect and asked if they accepted cards or whether a cheque would be ok, the guy said if I paid cash £30 would be fine.I pondered the options for milli-seconds and paid up.He also wrote down a name and contact number, should I know anyone else in the same boat. If you are interested, ring me on 01629813478 and I'll gladly pass on the details.Regards

Comment

Hi Did it have the relevant e marking on it ? If it did may I give you a ring ?
      Kind regards
      Nigel

Comment

A friend of mine here in Derby is rebuilding his Roadster and was in need of a new screen. On contacting a local firm they said no problem , that is until he disclosed that it was for automotive use. He managed to change their mind by accepting a receipt for the glass that stated it was for a canal boat!!!
        He had the foresight many years ago to make a plywood template of the original which proved useful.

Comment

Working...
        X