Half shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half shafts

Bit of a long shot but anybody have/know where I can source a 10cwt marina van half shaft? Marlin's a trialer (of course!) and the splines on the offside shaft are starting to twist. They have a hard life like the rest of the car! Would buy a complete axle or scrap van but rare as the "proverbiable." Did they go in any other axle?

Thanks Jim

Re: Half shafts

I think the 10cwt axle is a descendant of the MGB banjo axle (BMC B series axle)...but strongly suspect half-shafts will be a different length. Axle was also used in (iirc) Oxfords/Cambridges/Westminster(?)/A60...but stand to be corrected.

You could try an appeal on the Marina Owners site...there was a complete van for sale a few weeks ago (but a bit too good to break).

Also Earlpart list the shaft but no price so maybe out of stock. Worth asking though.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

A long way for you to travel, but if these lads cant sort you out then i would stand the drop of York!
      call keith : 01302 858805

Comment

Whatever happened to Fortune engineering. I assume they are no more as the web site is dead.
        http://www.fourtune-engineering.co.uk/

They were a source of Trials bits.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Steve Holder (Fourtune Engineering) is slowly running-down his business with a view to retirement in the not too distant future. That's why the website has vanished. Any remaining trials-related parts, and I don't think there are many, will go to local ex-customers only, or at least that's what Steve told me when I last asked.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll follow up the suggestions. Steve from Fourtune Engineering is in France at the moment so hence the post. Must be the odd van lying behind a farmers barn somewhere or did Steve find them all and retire to the sun!
            Will have to tell my son to be more gentle with the clutch on the Edinburgh.

Comment

It is probably not overly expensive to get a pair made, the splines are probably to B.S. or ISO standards, Any moderately well equipped engineering shop should be able to do it.

Comment

Working...
              X