IVA test - failed on steering self-centring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IVA test - failed on steering self-centring

Ian, great news that you got it sorted but I'm kind of surprised your kit builder was not able to get it sorted for you.
    But do tell us more about what Mark did...
    You say 'front end rebuild'? Did he change anything else like wishbones, etc?
    He swapped the springs for shorter ones? Were the original springs not supplied by Mark?
    And he 'swapped over' the track rod ends? Were this fitted on the wrong sides?
    When I built my car Mark insisted that the ARB was not required and is still languishing in my lock up. The new lower wishbones don't have the mounting points so you can't even fit one!

Good luck with the SVA!!
    regards
    Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,
      Thanks for the info on the anti-roll bar- mine can come off now. The term "rebuild" was to mean pull apart and check/measure/tighten so apart from the springs nothing was replaced. The spring/shocks were from Marlin, also was the faulty steering rack,but as I bought the kit as a part-build Mark was not particularly interested - not very helpful but I can see his point of view as he supplied it nearly 8 years ago.
      The builder who I paid a considerable amount of money to ready the car for IVA wanted to charge me more for all the time he spent trying to sort out- so much for recommendations! I am going my own way now but lesson learnt. Now for the 4th. Ian

Comment

Thnaks, Ian.
        Like you, I think your builder should have sorted this out with maybe a quick phone call with Mark.
        Fingers crossed for tommorow!!!!
        ...peter

Comment

Ian,
          Glad that Mark was able to sort it,Such a pity that you had to go to that length. Good Luck today
          Tim

Comment

IVA PASSED at second attempt! Excellent!!
            Thanks for all the support and inspiration from fellow builders - much appreciated.
            The car now handles really nicely so now for registration and on the road.
            I now have the full "kit" to set the car up for Iva ,so if there is another builder out there who needs to set their car up , I am more than happy to help .
            Once again , thanks guys.

Best Regards , Ian

Comment

Well done Ian. So pleased that you've been able to do it. Just goes to show that us kids of the 60's can cope with building a car from the 30's based on a car from the 90's.
              We look forward to seeing you and Linda in it

Comment

Hope to see you out and about next year Ian. Well done. Another one on the road!

Comment

Working...
                X