IVA Compliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IVA Compliance

I've got an unfinished roadster from 25 years ago(ish) - can't remember how long but would have been early eighties.
    I'm told that I can't finish and put it on the road without IVA.
    Anybody know or guess even what the odds are on actually getting it through?

Liz suggested I repost this message under Roadster(thanks Liz), apparently there are some others out there who have succeeded in this - I'd like an idea of how difficult the process has been?
    My model is Herald based, I think it's a mark 3 unit (has doors).
    Any comments or advice would be much appreciated.

Re: IVA Compliance

Photo now included
    Attached Files

Comment

If it uses the original herald chassis and running gear then no IVA will be needed, some of the guys on here are very knowledgable about such things.
      If it does need IVA then there are several of us building various models (one roadster did recently pass)and we would be more than happy to help.
      Why not join the club and get access to the magazine too?

Comment

However, if memory serves, the triumph cars all had a new chassis (cos herald ones were full of tin worm). In all likelyhood you will need IVA. THe IVA manual is downloadable but also join the madaboutkitcars forum and see what more modern cars are suffering with!

Comment

Hi Crusty,
          Thats what is now generically called a Mk1.
          You would need to do your homework on the IVA manual and go back to starting the build again as loads of points need to be addressed and a photo portfolio of the build is desirable.
          In particular the seat belt mounts stucture and position need looking at
          .All sharp edges inside and out need to be rounded as per manual. Too much to mention here, phone me on 01322 553354. Ben (TR tech rep)I would be very interested in the chassis number(on left bulkhead at the top upturn)
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

please have a look here too.

http://ivasvahelp.webs.com/

Comment

Hi Cameron, Just had a look at your help site. Excellent work certainly helpful information. The biggest problem with early Marlins is that they were designed long before SVA was thought of but Im sure it can be done if you have enough determination.
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks Ben - theres still a lot to do. Nice of Neil Foreman (yes THE Neil Foreman) to let me have his product pics.
                There is no reason why an older roadster shouldnt pass? Problem areas Im thinking of are returns on the running boards, windscreen frame, brakes would have to be split circuit of course. The Grille etc has passed on other peoples cars recently. I would certainly think it possible. With an older engine too pre 73?), the emissions would be smoke test only. An interesting project.

Comment

Working...
                X