Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPG?

Hi Everyone

Been off the marlin and kit car forums for quite a while now, since i sold my roadster as didnt have time to complete. (still regret it) Anyway looking forward and now i have got the house and everything can start lookin at toys again with one condition its relatively economical as gonna have to do the 70 mile round trip to work and back daily.

So does anyone know what sort of mpg their roadster does which engine returns the best mpg. If its good news ill be in the market for one.

Cheers everyone.

Re: MPG?

40 + mpg out of my old 1300 'A' series !

Comment

Best I have ever got was this summer on a long run 53 MPG. Mine has a 1982 1.6 Toyota Corolla engine and 5 speed gearbox. Everything is standard and all I have done is give her a good service when required. Believe it or not I have done 11,153 miles in 6 months. Driving to, from and around Kent.

Comment

Mmmmmm you lucky people..... I get about 20-25 out of mine...
        2500 6 cyl twin carb..... but you do get there quickly :>)

Comment

Cheers everyone hopefully might be able to convince she who must be obeyed its good idea cause of the mpg figures and cheap insurance etc. Mine old one had the same 2.5 lump and it sounded incredible and was very gutted i never got to drive it in the end.

Comment

Hi, just completed a 970 mile round trip from Cornwall to tour Lincolnshire and return. Mixed driving on dual carriageways and a lot of fun on A and B roads! It is a Berlinetta, 2.1 litre maxiflo Vulcan pinto with modified L Jetronic EFi and 5 speed gearbox. Total average consumption 32.7mpg. I could better this with less sporty driving and a lighter right foot ..but why would I want to!
            Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
            X