Starter Motor Tired !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Motor Tired !!

I need to replace the starter motor as the origonal 1966 one is a little tired, even though I have stripped and serviced it. So as I was in Yeovil I visited my local parts place to see if they had one in stock and what the price might be, "Starter, GT6 or Vitesse, about 1966" I said. Lots of sucking of pencil and tapping of computer keys and looking in those big books they have under the counter. "No" he said, "Not in stock, in fact not one in Europe" this he said with absolute conviction. "Thanks" I said, and left !!!!!
    Oh well, perhaps I'll go to the other parts place I use, in Dorset not Somerset. Aftet all, Dorset ain't in Europe, it's in the south of ENGLAND !!!

YOU MUPPET YOU

Re: Starter Motor Tired !!

I found the main reason my starter was going slow was the fact that the engine was knackered. The same starter and battery now wizz the replacement engine over no problem.
    You should be able to find a local refurbisher who can supply a replacement. I found a replacement was cheaper than having my own one done. Or you could be flash and fit a high torque unit.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

The nippon denso starter off the petrol hiace ( 12R engine) and the old square shape petrol Issuzu troopers fits triumph engines they were on a good few japs back in the day celecas 180bs 260 cedrics etc. Loads of ubfo on the nett about the ND swaps.

Comment

So...... let me get this correct,I either keep the old starter and buy a new engine......or.......I search the scrap yards for Izuzu Troopers.... OK.... I like the sound of the second one best. Sorry Ben. Thanks L Lowe...

Comment

Have you tried Rimmer Bros Ltd.
          They seem to have everything for a Vitesse

Comment

Just search on Ebay. There is one on there today at £40.
            I have a new saying... "If it isn't on eBay, it doesn't exist!"

Comment

Here is a link to a trooper ND conversion, there are loads more on the W W W ND motors are everywhere just check the numbers carina E with the 7A-FE 1800 engine use the same starter as that one in the link and others from ND will fit, and only last week i scraped a Daihatsu fourtrak chassis and engine that still had a starter that would have been spot on for your six., i just could not be bothered to take it off. That is so true i knew i would regret not spannering it off it has been in that barn 6 years. The very next week it is needed. Tons of them out there though you will find one easy.

Comment

Here is the link i just found lots more on the nett though if you look.http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/73gt6br_tropperstarter.htm

Comment

Well.... Ive learnt something there a very interesting conversion.
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Excellent, now where did I put those US Dollars ???????

Thnaks all

Comment

Im just about to fit a high torque starter conversion as currently £100 on Fleabay brand new. Ive my old one going on sale shortly and its 3 years old but struggles to turn over my grouchy old B series lump. The new one seems about half the size and weight but apparently kicks th eengine over a right treat!

Comment

Working...
                      X