Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting

Are there any Marlin owners in the Yorkshire area,that fancy starting a local meet.Not to far at the moment as it looks like my Berlli is about to eat another type 9 box.Be good if we could.

Re: Meeting

Hey Simon

John Mulvaney, the Vice Chair, lives in Wigan and Pete Crowther is in Brough. I'll mail Pete and you can find John's number in the mag. It's a start...........or, John's part of the Nutcrackers Club and they meet in Charnock Richard. Details in the Local meets pages on the website and in the mag :-)

Comment

Hi Simon
      I think you will find I'm a bit closer in Bradford, and I'd be up for the occassional meet! There's also John Tootle in Leeds. I think Sue has a southern view of northern geography! Wigan and Brough are to Leeds what Colchester and Brighton are to London! Not impossible distances admitedly, but a fair run for Sunday lunch. Unless of course the southerners are like our American cousins who happily travel 3 hours to see friends for a beer in the evening!
      Keep smilin' - Dave

Comment

Hi Simon

I am in Leeds and would be interested. I seem to recall there was a new Cabrio owner listed in pitstop a few weeks ago who was in the Leeds area, can't remember his name off the top of my head. What part of Leeds are you based from, I am in LS15.

John

Comment

You weed, Kitson! The SHEB lot drive 50 - 60+ miles to meet in different areas. Mike Lincoln came to our meet in Edenbridge, Kent, from Colchester.74 miles away! You could alternate areas like we do. Our catchment area is infinite :-D.

Comment

Bobop, dipop, weeeeed!

Comment

Hi Simon, Sorry for late reply, I have been off line for a week. I am in Brough Easwt Yorks and my number is 01430 424876. Sportster with a 2.8 Ford. I would be interested in a meet if you just let me know where/when. Seems most respondants are Leeds Bradford so I guess it will be in that direction. Don't know what engine you have but remember that type 9's don't like much more than 150/60 hp. Had mine uprated by BGH geartech who also changed the ratios. Good for 250hp now and a much slicker box to use.

Cheers

Pete C

Comment

I left a comment on the Berli thread, so perhaps best here !
                Gainsboro' isn't too far away so maybe I could join in
                Also, Pete C, Brough is easy to get to for me
                Rgds
                DC

Comment

Maybe its York area then?
                  Pete C

Comment

As a first off, someone should just pick a time and place, and see who turns up. Discussions can take place there about further get togethers. It's important to just get the ball rolling, otherwise it will just peter out. I've seen it before! As instigator, I thing it's over to Simon for a decision!
                    Dave K.

Comment

Agree with Dave, name a date, time and venue and lets get together.

John

Comment

Hi all, i'm back. wrestled the laptop back off the teenager, York sounds good to me. Maybe down to three gears by then. Not an area i know well, will need some ideas on a place too meet, may need a big carpark. The south may invade, Sue says it's not that far!

Comment

There's always the Air Museum at Elvington, with an Outlet Village not too far away for the ladies.
                          It's a good 2-3 hours visit with a cafe on site.

Comment

Hi Dave,Elvington sounds good, maybe a sunday before the end of the month, hope to get the box sorted after that.

Comment

Following the tread with interest. Anyone setting time, date and place?

Comment

Working...
                              X