Electronic Ignition for Marina 1300/1800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Ignition for Marina 1300/1800

Has anyone used these and if so are they any good?

Morris (Lucas) Distributor Electronic Kits

These kits fit inside the distributor replacing the previous points system and fit the Marina 1300 and 1800

www.ignitioncarparts.co.uk

Re: Electronic Ignition for Marina 1300/1800

Image of said item
    Attached Files

Comment

Adrian!Here in Canada I use a Petronix conversion. $90. Truly a fit and forget item. Never had a problem and always starts.Peter B

Comment

Almost any replacement for the points has to be a good idea. Even a cheap item will improve the quality of the spark at the plugs and then the slow running and top revs and fuel economy.

In my experince these work well for the money but if you have the funds Lumenition/Petronix are the next stage.

Pretty much any version that fits an MGB will also fit an 1800 Marina but check whether you have a 25D or 45D distributor. 25's are considered better by distributor doctor.co.uk and have the advantage of a micrometer advance retard.
        Dizzys with curves to suit todays unleaded fuels (very different from the 1970's) are available from Moss.

After that head for a 123 disitributor or look at fitting EDIS and a Megajolt.

It all depends as to how deep your pockets are and how technical you want to get.

Comment

Hi Adrian,
          check out this item on ebay ( 110524000640 ) I put a set in my Pinto engine, and have never looked back.
          Terry

Comment

Hi Adrian. We are using a similar system on the Cabrio and have had no problems. I had a Lumenition on my green roadster and it was fine. Regards Liz

Comment

Aldon Ignitor - http://www.aldonauto.co.uk/shop/ - that's the system most "competition folk" prefer, that or Lumenition. Andrew.

Comment

Hi Adrian,
                I put bought one of these from Accu-Spark on Ebay for about £30 and as they say "it was the best £30 I have ever spent." Better tick over and smoother at low revs. Mine is a Bosch/Pinto but it should do about the same for you.
                James

Comment

Hi everyone, many thanks for all your replies. Lots to think about.

Comment

Had endless problems with my Luminition, finally ripped it out and put points in. Wee Beastie has run on them ever since. Now I know some people swear by Luminition, and say that all the problems people have are down to their dodgy electrics, I beg to differ. I suffered a progressive problem of the engine just cutting out and refusing to start for longer and longer periods. Eventually it stranded me in the middle of the M1. fitting points cured it permanently in 10 mins.

Comment

fitted one in my pinto engine cobrio got it from AccuSpark
                      www.accuspark.co.uk tel01727 768752

Comment

I ran lumenition for years in my 2 litre Pinto with no problems. It does hate the stupid loom dwelling ballast cable in the old Cortina looms. I took this out and, of course, fitted a 12v coil.
                        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Put Lumenition in earlier this year. Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                          X