Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Fitting

Can anyone help or advise please :

YKC Romero Roadster - how the GRP Hood Cant Rail is secured to the windscreen frame. I have the full hood kit but there does not appear to be any fixings for the Cant rail.

Re: Hood Fitting

If it's like an original "Marlin" Roadster, then there are no fixings. The cant rail clips over the top of the windscreen frame and is held in place by the tension of the hood only.

You need to read the instructions carefully to work out how to get the fabric fitted with the tension correct. When I purchased my pre-built Roadster the hood was a terrible fit and it took a lot of effort playing-around with the hood frame to get it better. But now it will stay on at 70mph with no sidescreens in place.

I think there may be other postings in this Forum to help you with getting the tension correct. Good luck!

Andrew

Comment

Have a look at these from my supply of pics...they look the same Joe. I would be very interested in photos of your car too as I am currently trying to build one!
      Best wishes
      Attached Files

Comment

Joe, I made a pair of stretchers. Each one is a 10mm dia aluminium tube. On one end is a wooden wedge (covered with a bit of old inner tube rubber). On the other end is a 15mm plumbing pipe clip with one side cut back a bit. This clips onto the frame behind my head and at the other end the wedge fits between the windscreen frame and the under side of the cant rail and helps push push it up and over the screen frame. There are other better systems that require fixing clips onto the screen frame but this solution is cheap and effective. (After having the hood fly up at 70 in the rain with a reluctant other half as passenger I didn't trust just using the cant rail alone again)

Comment

Working...
        X