Differential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differential

My diff is begining to wear and whine! Does anyone have a reasonable diff, or back axle, that I could have? It would be easier to collect from somewhere in the north (I live in Northumberland). I would need one at a reasonable price (exchange recon diffs are about £250). Many thanks for your help.

Re: Differential

Hi Alan, I went through all this a couple of months ago (loads of valuable info in the "search" section). I actually needed one in a hurry and had the choice of 2 on E.bay. I paid £35 and the other was "buy it now" at £100, he got no bids! Do you remember we met up at Wansford about 9 years ago to discuss side screens? I see you've moved.
    Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Hi Franklin! I remember a great lunch in Wansford with you and your wife. Yes, I have returned to my roots in the North East! I missed out on a diff on Ebay which was noted by Alan in Derby - there were no details on it such as mileage covered etc. Was the swap straight forward, or did you hit snags? I will keep looking.

Comment

I know its not local to you but it might be worth a punt as a spare part for someone.
        Ebay item 250724886057

Try not to let the vendors name put you off too much.

Comment

The job was easy in the end and if I had to do it again it would take about 3 hours but stupidly I didn't read the info from previous forum chat so wasted a lot of time. The big thing to remember is that YOU DO NOT NEED A HUB PULLER TO GET THE SHAFTS OUT!!! Or any other special kit. And, you don't have to dismantle the brakes. Check out all the chat well before you start and you will be OK, honest!.
          Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Working...
          X