"Hens Teeth Time - Thermostat Housing O Type 1700"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hens Teeth Time - Thermostat Housing O Type 1700"

Thanks to Mike Nel I have a spare engine to rebuild. There's no rush on this, but what is immediately obvious is the very corroded thermostat housing.....in view of previous posts about the rarity of these items I thought I should start looking now !
    Any help appreciated
    Rgds
    DC

Re: "Hens Teeth Time - Thermostat Housing O Type 1700"

Dave, There is 2 on ebay at the moment.

Comment

Dave

I have a usable one from an O2 engine (Sherpa)...that head was, iirc, "turned round" compared to the Marina/Princess O1 version so not sure if the housing is the same (long shot I know).

The part number on the thermo cover is BDU1137. The lower section is still bolted to the head and buried somewhere in the garage. In the admittedly unlikely event that the part numbers for the covers match I can dig out the rest.

Let me know.

jezcox at tesco.net
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Or go with the flea-bay option...I love concurrent posts..!
        Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

It sounds like you will have sourced a thermostat housing from one of the above. But if it does not work out a good option would be the housing off the perkins prima diesels i am quite sure they are the same housing as the 1.7 ital on the non turbo 500 van and clubman maestros and nontegos. Even these engines are scarce but being diesel and produced well in to the 90s in big numbers you stand a good chance of locating one if all else fails.

Comment

If you decide you want a new prima housing, a good place to start looking for one new would be stan wood and hunter at Bawtry.

Comment

You guys are impressive - I go away for a spot of dinner and loads of replies !
              Bob, I looked on ebay under Ital, Marina, Sherpa without seeing one....gizzaclue,what have I missed ! Pretty please

Jez, thanks, I'll let you know

L Lowe, thanks, a good "standby position" if the others fail. Thankyou

B Rgds
              DC

Comment

Dave - on ebay ref 230543063223,190452005462. or try Earlparts p/no COS259 on 01773719504.

Comment

Thanks Bob, I had seen those t'stats but thought you had found me a housing !

I have emailed Earlparts to see their price/availability
                  on COS 259

Watch this space Rgds DC

Comment

Thanks again Bob, I've got a t'stat on the way from an Ebay seller - however Earlpart cannot supply a housing.

The one on the engine has a Leyland logo and the numbers CAM 5805 and WDC 1, I haven't checked the one an my car and I'm now away for 2 weeks on hols.

I'll pick up this thread when I get back.....meantime if anyone "finds" a housing please save it for me !!!

Thanks again
                    DC

Comment

Back home - and it's a lot colder than FL !

Thanks to all for their help/advice, I've just bought on Ebay a new old stock one for a petrol Sherpa . Same numbers stamped on it but an extra takeoff (heater?)

End of worry - I hope
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X