Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

My brakes are very hard with very little pedal movement.The calipers are free.I have heard that the master cylinders can sieze, but it feels like the servo isn't working.
    Any ideas please ?(Ital parts)

Re: Brakes

John
    See entry 4th sept 2010 from N.Bourne/Bob Jackson + others .Just use the search facility

Comment

A rock-hard pedal with little movement is perfectly normal with a standard brake setup in my experience. Previous posts explain how to test the servo, which is unlikely to be the culprit - they are generally pretty tough units. It is more likely a product of the shortened pedal assembly resulting in less leverage than would be evident in a Marina.

Consider a smaller diameter master cylinder to provide a softer pedal, increased line pressure, more pedal movement and hence a better feel. If you are running a .75" master then a .70" alternative can be found to fit the standard servo and feels better (I have one fitted). Alternatively in PitStop a while back Huw Cumming described a way of fitting an aftermarket 0.625" master to the Marina servo.
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Or you could purchase the latest complete Tech Tips CD from John Mulvaney...all Tech Tips info from 1983 to date, and I'm sure I remember several articles on this situation. Look in the next Pitstop for more info !

Comment

Working...
        X